Add Loading Screen in MFPS 2.0

Useful Tutorials.
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Some people have been asking me how to integrate my Loading Screen asset in MFPS, even though the procedure is the same as in any other project, I am going to publish the simple steps here:

1 - Import the Loading Screen package from the Asset Store into your MFPS Unity Project.

2 - Add and Setup all your game scenes in SceneLoaderManager (Check the Loading Screen documentation for more info)

3 - In the MainMenu scene Select and Drag one of the SceneLoaders prefabs into the Canvas object:

4 - in bl_Lobby.cs -> IEnumerator MoveToGameScene() -> replace or comment this line:

Code: Select all

bl_UtilityHelper.LoadLevel((string)PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.CustomProperties[PropertiesKeys.SceneNameKey]);
And add this:

bl_SceneLoaderUtils.GetLoader.LoadLevel((string)PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.CustomProperties[PropertiesKeys.SceneNameKey]);

Since version 1.6 of MFPS, there's a new feature "Waiting Room", so if you are using that feature you also have to change this:

in bl_WaitingRoom.cs -> LoadMap() ->
Replace:

bl_UtilityHelper.LoadLevel((string)PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.CustomProperties[PropertiesKeys.SceneNameKey]);
with:

bl_SceneLoaderUtils.GetLoader.LoadLevel((string)PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.CustomProperties[PropertiesKeys.SceneNameKey]);
That's :)
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
websbk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks
kwsystems
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have followed all the steps you mentioned but I cant show the loading as I want.

What I did:

1) Import assets
2) Drag 1 prefab to the main menu scence
3) Update the code

Am I missing something.

The version for MPS im using is 1.7
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

- Show me a screenshot of where you have dragged the loading screen prefab in the main menu scene.
- Does the scene load after you integrate the code?
KKHackLabs

I followed the guide here, but I am still presented with the default loading screen.

Are there any settings that need to be changed for integration?
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Show me a screenshot of your hierarchy showing where the Loadding Screen prefab is located, please.
KKHackLabs

Error Message
setdevil
Contributor
Contributor

I have this error:
Assets\MFPS\Scripts\Network\Waiting Room\bl_WaitingRoom.cs(230,5): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
After i have replace with this: bl_SceneLoaderUtils.GetLoader.LoadLevel((string)PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.CustomProperties[PropertiesKeys.SceneNameKey]);
at line 181 in bl_WaitingRoom.cs

Anyone can help me?