Domination / Covert Point GameMode - MFPS

Add-Ons for MFPS.
User avatar
Lovatto
Admin
Admin
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:18 pm
Contact:

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:03 am

for those who want more game modes, here have this requested by many, it is the classic "Domination or Covert Point" where two teams try to dominate most "Points or Bases" and prevent the opposing team take them or recovers.

- The system contains the basic logic of the gameplay, is ready for you to improve at will and taste.

Preview:
Image
Image
Image

PURCHASE ON ONLINE STORE:
User avatar
Amer96
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:11 am

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Great!
I can't get it easily!. The bombs have tow teams fighting to destroy them? or there is a team to attack it and another team to defend it?
User avatar
Lovatto
Admin
Admin
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:18 pm
Contact:

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Amer96 wrote:Great!
I can't get it easily!. The bombs have tow teams fighting to destroy them? or there is a team to attack it and another team to defend it?
Two teams, 5 bases / points, each team has to dominate and defend most or all of the bases / points when a team manages to get a base, you have to try to defend it to prevent the enemy team to achieve take / recover.

Like Domination in Ballistic (Unity FPS Game).
User avatar
JessieK
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:42 am

Question:

Do you get points for holding each "capture point" that ticks up to a final score or is it just who ever holds the most "capture points" by the end of the game wins?
User avatar
Lovatto
Admin
Admin
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:18 pm
Contact:

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 am

JessieK wrote:Question:

Do you get points for holding each "capture point" that ticks up to a final score or is it just who ever holds the most "capture points" by the end of the game wins?
Yes, the team get a point for each time to take o recovert a point, so at the end wins the team with more points.
User avatar
abg
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:09 am

Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:15 am

yes it works well for me and i swaped the mesh for a cool little flag icon wich i used for bl_decal C:\Users\docs\MFPS\Content\Art\GUI\Other\flag.png
Lovatto may lack some communication skills but he is a very good programer especualy with scripting.
Thanks Lovatto very impressed.
Image
User avatar
Nerbs
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Two things I noticed were
1) The progress bar only shows for the server master. All other clients can still capture bases, but don't get the progress bar.
2) If an enemy is in the base with you 'isBusy' gets checked, but if you kill that enemy inside the base, it stays checked so you can't capture it. It seems this only gets set to false of the enemy leaves the base, not if they die.
How can I fix these 2 issues?
(I am using the MFPS 2.0 version)
User avatar
Lovatto
Admin
Admin
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:18 pm
Contact:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 am

1 - I don't get this problem, can you tell me how reproduce (2 player in same team... etc..)
2 - Try replacing the 'OnLocalDeath' function of bl_BombDefuse.cs with this:

Code: Select all

void OnLocalDeath()
    {
        if(ActorPlant == PhotonNetwork.playerName)
        {
            CanPlant = false;
            CanDesactive = false;
            CancelInvoke();
            photonView.RPC("StartPlantBomb", PhotonTargets.AllBuffered, false);
        }
    }
User avatar
Nerbs
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:15 am

Lovatto wrote:1 - I don't get this problem, can you tell me how reproduce (2 player in same team... etc..)
2 - Try replacing the 'OnLocalDeath' function of bl_BombDefuse.cs with this:

Code: Select all

void OnLocalDeath()
    {
        if(ActorPlant == PhotonNetwork.playerName)
        {
            CanPlant = false;
            CanDesactive = false;
            CancelInvoke();
            photonView.RPC("StartPlantBomb", PhotonTargets.AllBuffered, false);
        }
    }
I will record a video today to show.
And this is a problem with the Domination Capture point issue, the code provided was is for the bomb defuse package (which by the way works great!)
User avatar
Nerbs
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Post Reply