MFP Vehicles

General support.
cwm3d

Hi, I purchased MFP from the Asset store, and enjoy it's overall simplicity. However, I am unable to add/change vehicles as desired. (Docs only cover replacing models)
Would it be possible to create a default Prefab for Multiplayer Vehicle (w/ default Enter/Exit points, cameras, etc) that could be attached to any vehicle? It would make adding new vehicles (of all kinds), very easy. Thanks & Best Wishes!
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Hi.

You can edit / change the this simple as reposition a gameobject.
You only need move where you need the enter trigger collider:
Same with the ExitPoint.

Regards.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
cwm3d

Thx, I realize that for changing only the model. However, I would like to add vehicles with different functionality, like boats & helicopters. Wouldn't it be reasonable to make a prefab that inc. the basic setup with multiplayer tracking, that could simply be attached to any vehicle? Sry, if I'm not asking the question properly. (I was able to get a basic helicopter working, but the object doesn't appear on the second player.) I'll keep working on it. Thanks!
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

if you say about create a system to synchronize all this car that you mention with only the addition of few generic script... I am afraid that is not possible, because each system (vehicle logic) is different so you must use a different method to synchronize it.

- You can easily synchronize the position and rotation just adding a "PhotonTransformView" script, but the custom functions such as brake lights turn on / off, the movement of the thruster, the applied physics, etc... must be synchronized by modifying the code for send and receive information via the server, it may sound a little difficult, but if you understand how networks and photon work you can do this easily.

Regards.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here