Jumping causing fall damage

General support.
lukesmith123

I'm encountering a bug wit hMFPS 2.0 where jumping causes fall damage even when jumping on flat ground. This is happening even in the demo level.

It doesnt happen every time I jump but happens very often and sometimes a single jump will kill the player. Using Unity 2017.4.8f1 and ver 1.2

Any idea whats causing this issue? Also as a temporary fix is there an easy way to disable fall damage?

Thanks
haskoman
Contributor
Contributor

you can disable it in script player
lukesmith123

Im not sure what you mean by that. I disabled fall damage completely in PlayerDamageManager. Any word on a fix for this? Its quite a big bug.
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Hi,

Have you found any pattern to reproduce this?
I has been test but I can't replicate, are you using the package from the forum / web site or from asset store?
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
lukesmith123

Thanks for the reply.

I really cant see any pattern as to when it happens. It happens most of the time I jump, but then sometimes it wont happen. I'm using the asset from the assetstore. I just tested your WebGL demo and the first time I jumped after the scene loaded it caused fall damage, but then didnt happen again.

Im located in the UK. I do have a fast fiber connection, though I was wondering if its possible that due to some network lag it detects the player being airbourne too long and causes damage.

Also I have a fairly good good gcard, gtx1070, though I was wondering if the fall timer is framerate independant? Is it perhaps counting extra long due to frame rate drops. Im having this happen when my framerate is good, like 60+ fps, but just brainstorming some ideas.
kevinbp
Contributor
Contributor

Hey mate!

I was able to reproduce the error by going underneath one of my maps, shooting, reloading and then jumping. Suddenly I took damage as well. You can see the example on the video provided.

I'm sorry if this is not what you were referring to. If I was mistaken I apologize, but this is the only thing I could reproduce in the 10 minutes I had to spare.

Here is the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimGOq- ... e=youtu.be

EDIT: No bots were added into the game, nor did I have any hidden entities causing damage where I was.
lukesmith123

Hmm thats interesting. Whats the Y position of the player when you are down below the map?
kevinbp
Contributor
Contributor

Hey mate!
Sorry for the late response! I've been busy.

Game field map positions:
Y: 15.05925
X: -73.00388
Z: -50.02076

Platform under map:
Y: -30.23825
X: -46.26924
Z: -43.34506
Holst
Contributor
Contributor

I've also experienced something like this in the example level. I have fall damage activated, but when I jump from a height that should cause fall damage, then nothing but sometimes if i just stand on the ground or in the water and jump there is fall damage :/
lukesmith123

Yes this is exactly the same as what happens with me, especially in the water area it happens. And I had forgotten the other aspect, that sometimes falling from a big height does not apply any fall damage.