Google Login Behaviour

Support for MFPS 2.0 (for verified users)
Forum rules
To request support/assistance for MFPS, you first have to verify your purchase by sending your purchase invoice number to Lovatto in a PM.
rkulandaivel

When using the Goolge plugin, each time I open the game it opens the chrome browse and ask me to select the google account (accounts.google.com), after selection the web page is displayed asking to close the page and open the game. On opening the game again the user is authenticated and everything works fine.
1. Can the addon made to remember the last logged in user? like what you support for Email authentication.
2. Instead of showing the webpage (g0oauth.php) is there a way to directly open up the game?

Both the above seem to hinder the user experience, each time users open the game they have to make several actions to get logged in.
rkulandaivel

Any inputs?
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Hi,

1. Yes, you can remember sessions so players have to manually authenticate just once, for it Players simply have to check the "Remember Me" checkbox in the login form, you can set this checkbox On by default in the Editor in order for this (remember sessions) be the default behavior.

2. This is complicated and each platform handle differently thefore pretty much each platform require a different solution, the simples platforms to do this are mobiles (iOS and Android) where you can use deep linking to listen to a callback in the game that can be called from the browser that way you can focus the game (using a platform-native plugin) once the authentication redirect page is opened, more information about Unity deep linking can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/enablin ... nking.html

Other platforms like Standalone or WebGL are way more difficult and require a native plugin to handle, for example in WebGL you can try to make the request from your server instead of the game-client that way you can open the authentication page in a popup window instead of a tab and close the popup window once finish with the authentication (using Javascript for example).
For standalone platforms, again a native plugin is required, probably using AppUriHandlers is enough for Windows but I have no idea how this can be done on Linux or Mac.

I hope this information is useful,
Best Regards.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here