guns renaming them selves, can not rename

Support for MFPS 2.0 (for verified users)
Forum rules
To request support/assistance for MFPS, you first have to verify your purchase by sending your purchase invoice number to Lovatto in a PM.
xmonster0
Contributor
Contributor

so when i click on the weapons they rename randomly, and this is the result.. i tried renaming them back in the inspector and they will not rename, this has been going on since yesterday on my partners machine. the issue transferred via collaborate and now on 2 machines with several attempts to rollback , restarts etc to resolve. this has also happened on several model import attempts

all i know is we imported the weapons pack#1 into our new model and deleted the guns that came with mfps out of remoteguns and weaponsmanager, then deleted them out of network guns and then out of gamedata > all weapons, and then this issue began..

what can we do to fix this?
xmonster0
Contributor
Contributor

https://youtu.be/f0_nrkuax-o
https://youtu.be/-Au_XZE6MgU
http://delta9game.com/screenshots/errors.png

everytime it renames a file it throws these errors by the hundreds, and every time i tick the weapon on or off it throws 999+ errors

i also started a new project and installed mfps photon and voice only, and it does it. so its basically a mfps bug
xmonster0
Contributor
Contributor

i also started a new project and installed mfps photon and voice only, and it does it
xmonster0
Contributor
Contributor

http://delta9game.com/screenshots/pure.png

this screenshot is of it happening in a new project with nothing but mfps , and photon .. and it happening on MPlayer
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Hi,

I can't reproduce the problem, but from what I see from your videos, the problem most likely is that yours FPWeapons have the wrong GunID.
The bl_NetworkGun.cs automatically rename the game object where it is attached with the name of the weapon info, this weapon info is fetched from the FPWeapon -> GunID.

If you want to disable the auto-rename feature, simply comment/remove these lines from bl_NetworkGunEditor.cs -> OnInspectorGUI():

Code: Select all

if (script.LocalGun != null)
        {
            script.gameObject.name = bl_GameData.Instance.GetWeapon(script.LocalGun.GunID).Name;
        }
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
xmonster0
Contributor
Contributor

that stopped the renaming, but i think that was doing its job cause the guns were swapping out somehow, the smg was acting like the revolver in game. and the pickup guns had the wrong name popup when looking at them. it rearanged all the guns inside out.

and all started with editing "all weapons"

what is the best way to restrict certain guns from being choose able in loadout so the player does not know they exist, without deleting them? cause we had to start a new project to fix it, even rolling back in collaborate didnt help
xmonster0
Contributor
Contributor

Lovatto
Admin
Admin

xmonster0 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:55 am that stopped the renaming, but i think that was doing its job cause the guns were swapping out somehow, the smg was acting like the revolver in game. and the pickup guns had the wrong name popup when looking at them. it rearanged all the guns inside out.

and all started with editing "all weapons"

what is the best way to restrict certain guns from being choose able in loadout so the player does not know they exist, without deleting them? cause we had to start a new project to fix it, even rolling back in collaborate didnt help
Then that is the problem,
You have to keep in mind that the "GunID" is the index of the weapon info in the "AllWeapons" list of GameData, so if you remove a weapon item from this list, all the index of following items in the list will change, in consequence, all assigned GunIDs in FPWeapons and Weapon PickUp prefabs will be changed too, e.g:
You remove the weapon 9 in the "AllWeapons" list, then the weapon with GunID = 10 now will be the new GunID 9, the GunID 11 = GunID 10, etc...

If this is change is irreversible for you, the solution is assign the correct GunID in the FPWeapons in your player prefabs and the Gun PickUp prefabs.

If you don't want to show a weapon, you don't need to remove the weapon info, if you are using Class Customizer you can select which weapons shows and which not in the ClassCustomize scene -> Class Manager -> bl_ClassCustomizer -> Weapons
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
xmonster0
Contributor
Contributor

got it , thank you again!!!!

cant wait for the new update!!!

love your work!