Custom character replacement (Mplayer)

Support for MFPS 2.0 (for verified users)
Forum rules
To request support/assistance for MFPS, you first have to verify your purchase by sending your purchase invoice number to Lovatto in a PM.
ypark2144

I purchased this MFP2.0 a cople of weeks ago and was really enjoying the package.
but then, Is there any better or simple ways to replace the current Mplayer to completely different characters without any issues?

I purchased some stylized characters, reskinned in Maya using the same Mplayer bone structure, then exported back to Unity, replaced the RemotePlayer.
Everything works good (I was completely happy with , jumping, run, gun, etc..) as the original Mplayer except only the Remote Player's hands(joints) are weirdly twisting make the player weapon position wrong hands look weird. I though it was minor and easy fix but then this is a real monster to get the hands on the right spot. I am also planning to use humanoid animal characters so this is a must fix issue.

Is there any solution for this? or can I get some advice or comments?
Thank you
ypark2144

Hey Lovatto,
Just purchased the reskin pack hoping to figure our the current issue with the replacing a custom character. I purchased the PBR Customized Soldiers.
but it seems I can't find any better document to use this pack except the below simple sentence.
" you simply have to assign them to the team that you select for them"
Any document for this pack to implement the new characters?

Thanks for your help.
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

You have to assign them in GameData -> Player Team 1 and/or Player Team 2 fields,
the GameData file is located in the Resources folder of MFPS, select this object, then in the inspector window, you will see these two fields where you can assign the player prefabs.

Check the general documentation (MFPS -> Tutorials -> Documentation) for more details about GameData object and Player Prefabs.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
ypark2144

Great! thanks!
think I almost fixed the issue. The package is wondeful!
kwikman

Hello

Just bought both MFPS and the Player Pack 1. I have successfully used the default MFPS 2.0, great product by the way, lots of options here.

I also own the pbr-customized-soldier. I just bought the Player Pack 1. I *think* i have followed the instructions correctly, ie drag for example the MPlayer [Soldier01] onto GameData->Player1. Saved from File menu. Still, when i start the demo the default MPlayer is shown.

One thing that i noticed is that the RemotePlayer//Soldier [NEW] has a missing avatar. (Console says : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
bl_PlayerIK.OnDrawGizmos () (at Assets/MFPS/Scripts/Player/Animation/bl_PlayerIK.cs:336)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
)

Anyway, hopefully i am missing something obvious. I have tried 2019. 4.22f1 and 2020.3.23f1.

Best regards
kwikman
kwikman

Hello again

In the Player Pack 1, the MSoldiers are missing the Avatars.
Likewise, the Meshes are missing, yes i have imported the PBR_customized_soldier.

I s it possible to get a updated version?

Best regards
kwikman
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Hi,

Both errors are related, this issue where the mesh and avatar references are not assigned has been reported by another user,
the solution for that user was to use a different Unity version since this is a problem with some specific Unity versions.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
kwikman

Hello

And thanx for the answer. I read which versions they had used and tried with the versions mentioned above. I didnt work for me so probably very picky about what package of the PBR soldier is used.

Anyway the solution is simply to add the SoldierMeshAvatar and the corresponding Mesh's (from PBR Solider) for the Armor and so on.

On the positive side, I'm new to MFPS so this problem forced me to understand how the MPlayer, weapons and so was 'connected' :-) At the moment i have successfully installed the weapons pack, player pack and the class customizer ! ( In the ClassCustomizationInitializer.cs i had to uncomment the Integration code) and more or less everything work as a charm. Btw, i read and re-read the documentation, i think its very clever to combine the doc with 'autosetup' code, also easy to see how it works if tweaking is needed.

So, the next will be Player Selector to test.

Best regards and snowy greetings
kwikman