The Battle Royal iniciative

General topics
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

UPDATE:

The development of this mode has been stopped until further notice, there are various reasons but the most important is in favor of focusing on the work of the development of MFPS 3.0 with a new network framework more suitable for large-scale multiplayer games, no an estimated time for resume or finish the work is available at the moment, and news will be available until decisions or further progress have been made, sorry if this cause any inconvenience for those that were following the progress of this game mode for MFPS.
Hey folks,

I'm creating this topic to find out how many persons are really interested in a Battle Royal mode for MFPS 2.0, I'm pretty much sure almost all of you want it, but how many are actually looking for this?

I have been porting some content from one of my games to MFPS so I'm prototyping a Battle Royal mode, but the more I work on it the more I realize it won't work for me if I follow the same dynamics of my other addons which I release them on my store for a one time fixed price and keep updating it for free, at least for this approach it doesn't work for me since is a ton of work and development, it requires a lot of testing with multiple people, a lot of features to cover, etc...

So I had decided if I would release this I had to change the way that I monetize it in a way that also allows me to keep in constant development of the mode, giving support for those that I actually know that they support me too, so I'm thinking in sell the Battle Royal mode for MFPS based in a subscription plan, let's see, I explain it in more detail:

-The addon will require an initial purchase for a fixed price (as a normal addon), with that purchase the purchasers can use the addon as they want as long as they want (as a normal addon), but the initial payment will cover 3 months of support and updates, where they can ask me for support directly regarding the Batte Royal addon and receiving constant updates, once the initial 3 months pass, in order to keep receiving support and the updates an extra monthly payment will be required, that payment will be much less than the initial payment for sure and don't have to be linear, I mean if a month you decide to not pay for A or B reason but them the next month you have some questions or you see an update that you see useful, you can pay that month subscription and all good.

Also, I was thinking of creating a Discord server with a specific channel for the people subscribed to the Battle Royal mode in order to provide more direct support,
since I have to recall that the updates will constantly since the development of the model will be progressive, the first version the mode will just the basis of the game mode and I'll continue from there leaning on the feedbacks of the purchasers to ensure that we all go in the same direction.

I have to clarify that the release of this Battle Royal addon for MFPS is not 100% sure yet, that is the main purpose of this topic, so I can give an idea of how many people are interested in it and if it worth the development, I already have some people from emails which are waiting for this but I need to make sure if all this will worth it.

The prices (the initial and monthly) still to be decided, feedback/thoughts on this are welcome.

So let me know what your thoughts are on all this I'll be reading them.

PREVIEWS:

How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
Suraj

and I thought Gun race is the battle royle mode :?
ThePrimePillow
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't you just make a bare bones Battle Royal addon that covers the basics and then when ever you want to add new features instead of an update you could make it a separate addon? Like Base Battle Royal addon is 30$-50$ or it could cost more than standard MFPS 2, and you could make Battle Royal Content addons for 5$-20$ depending on what it adds. Although the addons would need to only be dependent on the Base Battle Royal Asset.
byyasin

ThePrimePillow wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:57 pm Couldn't you just make a bare bones Battle Royal addon that covers the basics and then when ever you want to add new features instead of an update you could make it a separate addon? Like Base Battle Royal addon is 30$-50$ or it could cost more than standard MFPS 2, and you could make Battle Royal Content addons for 5$-20$ depending on what it adds. Although the addons would need to only be dependent on the Base Battle Royal Asset.

I interested. Me to think like @ThePrimePillow too. A game mode with basic components can be sold at an affordable price. We can develop or buy other components ourselves.
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

That is a good idea too,
what do you guys think that the basic features of the game modes should be?
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
ThePrimePillow
Contributor
Contributor

skr2000 made a br addon a while ago, most of the stuff here would be good for a base addon:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4242

These are bare bones things that almost every br should have:
1. A circle that shrinks and when you're outside it damages you. You being able to change how fast it shrinks and how much damage it can do. I think it would also be better to have the circle shrink upon random areas so the final circle is different every time although this inst required.

2. A plane or something like in most brs that players can deploy from. Where it flies in from a random angle on the horizontal axis and if a certain amount time passes it kicks out players in the plane.

3. The ability for players to deploy a parachute.

4. Random weapon and item spawn points. Like you can mark places with gizmos similar to player spawn points where items can spawn.

5. A loot table, I would make it centralized in a script outside of the map like bl_gamedata so if you have multiple maps you would only have to add items to one place. The loot table should be an array of items with percentages that you can edit in inspector that alter their spawn probability.

6. The victory screen, basically the game should show the win screen when the final team or player remains.

7. Stats, somewhere preferably in the top right it should show your kills and how many people remain.

8? Squads or solos, basically whether your in a team or solo. This could be a main feature or a cheap addon for br, depending on the size of the br some need it some don't.
Bondarius
Contributor
Contributor

I am definitely getting this (if it goes out as an add-on) So you have +1 from me as well :) For an additional addon for the BR mode, you can add something like a Season Pass or smth. Because every BR game has one, so why not :D
pasi

Battleroyale feature was the idea of my game ;D hard to find it made ready.
and plane or spacecraft where people can launch and use jetpack or parachute to land where they want, kicking players of when if they are afk.

-shrinking area to random spots (circle, sphere, box)
-time of next shrinking show on the players ui
-damage of outside circle

maybe possibility to change circle as sphere where you have to be in air or water or where ever the last sphere goes..

+1
Suraj

Lovatto wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:32 pm That is a good idea too,
what do you guys think that the basic features of the game modes should be?
If I was a developer i will take some idea from CALL OF DUTY WARZONE.
I Think there is some feature still missing in MFPS 1.7. If i have to choose between More mission type vs feature i will focus onn the feature first. Rather then waiting for battle royle mode i would love to wait for Nxt Gen MFPS 1.8 version which have those feature in it.
Till now I think MFPS is best for only Team deathmatch.

it's my point of view. It does not mean everyone would have same thought like me.
DRIVER1ksa

already lost more than 65$ for battle royale mode that offer by SKR200..

it's nice
but will be nicer if form lovato itself :mrgreen: