WeaponFX does not play when aiming down sights

Support for MFPS 2.0 (for verified users)
Forum rules
To request support/assistance for MFPS, you first have to verify your purchase by sending your purchase invoice number to Lovatto in a PM.
tbunreal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have replaced the model of the machine gun with my own, (that is all I have done). But I noticed when zoomed and aiming down the sights, the weaponFX located in FirePoint game object does not get triggered, but it does when firing from the hip. I can't seem to find where the weaponFX gets triggered to try and fix it. Thanks
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Hi,

That is by design, this is due to the muzzle flash effect most of the time interfering with the vision of the player when is aiming,
I probably should make this optional, but for the moment you can change this in bl_Gun.cs > PlayFX() > removing the conditional:

Code: Select all

if (!isAiming)
Regards.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
tbunreal
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks. Ya, I have a unique scope I'm using and the effects shouldn't be a problem. Also, it would be nice to have a little more customization on the nameplates. Right now they work with distance, the option to have them appear when hovering over a player / ai would be nice, but these little things aren't hard for me to add in. Thanks for such a high quality asset.