Renderpipeline Change to LWRP / URP

Support for MFPS 2.0 (for verified users)
Forum rules
To request support/assistance for MFPS, you first have to verify your purchase by sending your purchase invoice number to Lovatto in a PM.
Kallex
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Due to other content I'm bringing to the game, I would need to set the renderpipeline to URP. I can make the change and after uprading the materials, the weapons and hands look good, but world is invisible (and some parts of the shots/shells are pink). In scene view parts of the world are pink - like textures/materials would not be converted.

I guess I'm missing something easy and obvious; I tried to watch through the tutorials, but didn't spot the URP change.

So how can I solve the visibility of the world after changing renderer?
Kallex
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I solved one part of the puzzle; the terrain needs to be assigned a URP-material "TerrainLit" under "Terrain/Basic Terrain". That makes the terrain visible in scene view.

However in player camera - in the actual game, everything is still invisible, so I need to investigate further...
Kallex
Contributor
Contributor

Further investigating, apparently adding the Renderer got some parts done (not sure if its necessary) and led me to realize that hands+weapon overlay is the one that renders "blue background" over my game view. If I disable weapon camera from payer preset, I see world OK, just my weapon and hands are invisible then.

Further investigating...
Kallex
Contributor
Contributor

Ok found solution for most parts (still few pink items in game, but that's minor).

MPlayer (prefab) change Weapon Camera from Base => Overlay and add it to Main Camera's Stack.
Kallex
Contributor
Contributor

Okies, I don't seem to find where the shells (when shooting the ones that fly out of the gun) are defined. Those appear still bright pink, that is their material is not URP fixed.

So I need support with that fix.
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

Hi,

In order to receive support for MFPS or any of the MFPS addons I need to verify your purchase, so please send me your Invoice Number in a PM.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
Lovatto
Admin
Admin

First, MFPS doesn't have official support for URP or HDRP yet, but many users have converted already.

The first problem, that seems you fixed already is with the camera overlay.
Regarding the pink materials, the problem is that the Auto-conversation system only convert the build-in unity shaders to the HDRP but not the custom shaders,
the fix is simple, change the shader of those pink materials to HDRP or URP ones.
How to find your Invoice Number: Here
How to find your Order Number: Here
Kallex
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, it's been a while since I did stuff in Unity, so taking a while to get familiar with pretty basic stuff!

I got it to work now, just changing the custom shader to some more generic one.